The Northern Ohio Data and Information Service (NODIS) is part of the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University. NODIS is designated by the State of Ohio and the U.S. Bureau of the Census as the regional data center for northern Ohio. NODIS is a depository for U.S. Census information, which is made available to the university community, public administrators, civic organizations and the general public on a cost-recovery basis. NODIS is a leader in the use of information technology, particularly geographic information systems (GIS). NODIS provides data analysis, mapping and programming services, technical assistance, programming and training.
NODIS is your online connection to demographic and economic data for Ohio, especially post-1990 data tables and area profiles. The majority of data, maps and reports are based on geographies in the Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor MSA (Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties). NODIS also makes available data for other areas in Ohio and the US as well. The information contained in this website originates from a number of sources, including the Bureau of the Census and the Ohio Department of Development.
Each 2000 SF3 Profile Reports include:
• Primary Profiles - Population, Age, Race, Family Type
• Secondary Profiles - Household Type, Household Size, Veteran Status
• Ancestry Profiles - First & Second Ancestry, Place of Birth for Foreign Born Population
• Disability Profiles - Disability by Education, Employment, Age, Gender, Race
• Educational Profiles - Educational Attainment, School Enrollment by Gender and Age
• Housing Profiles - # Rooms, Year Moved, Housing Value
• Income Profiles - Household Income by Age & Race, Individual Earnings, Per Capita Income
• Employment Profiles - Employment Status by Race & Gender, Occupations/Professions
• Language Profiles - Home Language, Ability to Speak English, Linguistic Isolation
• Migration Profiles - Place of Birth, Yr of Entry, Residence in 1995
• Poverty Profiles - Families, Children & Individuals in Poverty
• Transportation Profiles - Travel time to work, Means of Transportation to Work
...and much more!