Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library 101: Getting to Know the Library
The Michael Schwartz Library supports students by providing access to information sources and tools, services, and facilities that promote learning, research, and academic success.
Facts About the Michael Schwartz Library
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Research Help is always available at the Reference Desk.
- You can borrow still/video cameras and audio recorders from MMS.
- Lockers are available to rent for a small fee.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can be used to obtain articles that are not available at CSU.
- Students, faculty, and staff can use their Prepaid Printing accounts from our public workstations and instruction rooms.
- Library databases provide different information from what is found in Google.
- Resarch Guides provide lists of web resources for each major discipline at CSU.
- The entire second floor is a Silent Study area.
- Avoid plagiarism by using the resources available in Citing Your Sources when writing your papers.
- The entire fourth floor is available for Group Study.
- Request books not available at CSU from one of 88 Libraries in Ohio using OhioLINK; books can be renewed up to 4 times as long as there is not a hold.
- Reference Consultations (appointments) are available with a Subject Specialist Librarian.
- Special Collections houses materials that are rare, out-of-print, or of special interest due to their focus on local history.
- You can reduce library fines by keeping track of multiple library cards with Library Elf.
- Best-sellers and other recreational reading materials are provided by CPL@CSU.
- You can check the status of your OhioLINK materials with My Account.