Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
pre-print: the version of a paper before peer review.
post-print: the version of a paper after peer-review, with revisions having been made.
publisher's PDF: the version a publisher makes available.
What Does the Publisher Allow?
- RoMEO is a searchable database of publishers' copyright and self-archiving policies for pre-prints and post-prints.
- RoMEO is searchable by publisher, journal title and ISSN.
- Use RoMEO to find out if your publishers' copyright rules allow you to deposit in your institutional repository.
- RoMEO summarizes publishers' conditions and categorizes publishers by colours, indicating level of author rights.
- RoMEO shows which publishers comply with funding agencies' conditions on open access.
If a journal isn't found in SHERPA/RoMEO:
- Link out to the article if possible.
- Check the publisher's website and follow the policies on re-posting.
- Write to the publisher asking for permission.
Suggest a Journal or Publisher
Suggest that SHERPA/Romeo include a specific journal or publisher.