Assessment allows students and educators to track learning. Formative and summative assessments allow teacher librarians to:
- How well they are teaching.
- How well the students are learning.
- Whether they are teaching the right material at the right time.
- What they should teach next.
- What they should re-teach.
- What they do not need to teach at all.
- Whether they are covering the expected curriculum satisfactorily.
- What to report to parents and administrators.
- Where they stand on issues of accountability.